Your First Visit
When you contact the surgery we will send you out a Welcome Pack before you attend your first visit.
In this pack you will find medical history and smile check forms, which should be completed and returned on your first visit.
We would like to make your first visit to the practice as pleasurable as possible. You will be greeted by one of our reception team who will ask you for your completed medical history and smile check forms, which you will have received in the post. If you have not received them then you can download a copy here. If you have any problems filling in your forms, we will give you any help you need. Please bring a list of any medications that you are currently taking.
Your dentist will then discuss your personal dental needs and concerns. Our philosophy is to ensure that all patients are fully informed about the treatment options available and understand the procedures involved, giving you the opportunity to ask as many questions as you like.
Your dental examination will include the following:
- Examination of each tooth for signs of dental disease such as tooth decay or gum disease.
- Mouth cancer screen. A full examination is carried out on the soft and hard tissues of the mouth for signs of abnormalities.
- Any relevant x-rays that may be needed to aid in complete diagnosis.
- Discussion of findings and the treatment options available. This will include viewing of specific sites using an intra-oral camera and the relevant x-rays. At that time an estimate of treatment costs will be discussed along with payment options and an idea of timescales.
- A written treatment plan and estimate will be provided and your next appointment can be arranged to best suit your requirements. It's as easy as that.
If the treatment is of a complex nature, it may be necessary to organise a subsequent appointment to discuss the findings and potential treatment options.
Patients visit us from all over Northern Ireland including, Markethill, Armagh, Banbridge, Portadown, Craigavon, Newry and Belfast.
For registration enquiries, or to make an initial appointment, please call us on 028 3755 2000 , or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org